This post is long overdue. I have been busy trying to get everything in order for the big arrival.
We went up to Columbia the weekend of Aug. 28 through 30 for our baby shower. It was absolutely perfect! Kathy and Susan Caskey planned and organized the shower. It was held at the Caskey's house on Saturday afternoon. They did such a wonderful job. The food (what I seem to focus on lately) was delicious. Kathy ordered some adorable petifores from a local bakery (Tiffanys) that had little baby booties on top. Of course, we also had Susan's yummy sausage balls - which my dad immediately claimed the leftovers of when we returned home.
I REALLY wish that I had had more energy that day and had taken pictures of the food and decorations. Between the traveling, excitement, and swelling, I mostly stayed on the couch during the shower.
The guests included ladies from the church I attended growing up, family friends, my dear friend Robyn and her mother, Kathy's mom, Susan's daughter Beth, my grandmother and a cousin from my mother's family. I was so happy to have so many special people there.
We received alot of wonderful gifts. Pictured below are a ducky bathrobe (part of a whole cute-as-can-be ducky set) from the Caskeys, a stuffed lamb from Nancy, Kris, and Lee Hartley, and some nail clippers (part of the baby survival bag) from Lucy and Lilly Kelly.
Everything has now been put away. The nursery is complete except for the bookshelves. Greg has finished painting them - he just needs to move them into the room. I will post some pictures when they are moved. I find myself just going in there and sitting. I am sure that I will spend even more time in there in the coming months.
We went for a doctor's appointment yesterday - I am going weekly now. For the first time I actually lost weight between appointments. Everything is still measuring on target. I am officially "full term" now. What this means is that the baby is now considered fully developed and would be fine in the outside world. My due date is still 3 weeks away, though. That just gives her more time to grow - although I know that she is running out of room in there. I have been having an increase in Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing to worry about. I think that she is going to sit tight for a couple more weeks. We will just have to wait and see.
My "nesting" has been in full swing the last two weekends. I have been sewing and organizing up a storm. My nursing cover is completed and I am in the middle of making burp cloths. I need to stop looking at the Etsy website and getting more ideas!

0 comments:
Post a Comment