I feel like the nursery is pretty much ready at this point. I still have one or two decoration items that I am working on, but everything else is set.
We went to several furniture stores over Labor Day weekend thinking that they would have some sales on rocker/recliners - no such luck. However, we did find one that we liked for a very reasonable price. We decided to forgo the cute-sy gliders that cost around $800 and come in fancy fabric for a leather chair that we will move out into the living room once we do not need it for the baby. It just made sense to us. My grandmother (Grandma) made the top Afghan draped over the chair and the bottom Afghan is one we received at the baby shower from my dad and Kathy's church. They match perfectly!
The crib is from Babies R Us (with a Walmart matress) and the rest of the furniture we purchased from Craigslist. Greg did an amazing job sanding and re-painting all of the Craigslist furniture. My only contribution was to paint the knobs and pulls (after he primed them). I also painted the letters over the crib and sewed together the curtains. I think that it is pretty obvious that this will be a girl's room. There is a little pink in there.
The artwork on the wall above the tiny pink chair is from my mom - it is a Virginia artist that does children's artwork. Very cute and colorful. I could not get any good pictures of it - darn flash.
The crib is from Babies R Us (with a Walmart matress) and the rest of the furniture we purchased from Craigslist. Greg did an amazing job sanding and re-painting all of the Craigslist furniture. My only contribution was to paint the knobs and pulls (after he primed them). I also painted the letters over the crib and sewed together the curtains. I think that it is pretty obvious that this will be a girl's room. There is a little pink in there.
The artwork on the wall above the tiny pink chair is from my mom - it is a Virginia artist that does children's artwork. Very cute and colorful. I could not get any good pictures of it - darn flash.
As you can see from the last picture, this little girl has alot of clothes! Both dressers are full as well.
By the way, please don't think that the diapers shown in the corner are all that I have. I ran out of room stacking them in the top of the closet. Those are just the overflow.
By the way, please don't think that the diapers shown in the corner are all that I have. I ran out of room stacking them in the top of the closet. Those are just the overflow.

0 comments:
Post a Comment