Site Meter
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, September 17, 2009

38 Weeks



I have now hit 38 weeks. My due date is technically two weeks from yesterday. No progress so far. Greg asked the other day if I had any signs that it is coming so that he can be prepared. I told him that every night before bed, I feel like I am in labor and then the next day - nothing. I think that I just get tired at the end of the day. I did not even have any Braxton Hicks contractions yesterday. I did, however, have some increase in the swelling in my feet. I feel so sorry for my shoes! Speaking of shoes, I am down to two pairs of flip flops that I will wear. I just rotate between them.

Although I feel pretty huge in the mid-section, I have seen other women at the doctor's office that are scary huge. I am perfectly happy with my current size (I mean, considering my being 38 weeks pregnant - I would PREFER to be a size 4 with a much smaller rear end!). I can still drive, bend down to pick up Mable's food and water bowls, and do some light weeding in the yard. I just have the added advantage of now being able to balance a plate on my belly when eating.

In other news, we purchased a new (to us) deep freezer from Craigslist yesterday. Our house came with a brand new fridge, but it had a freezer that was about half the size of our old one. We have had to be very careful about how many frozen food items we purchase at a time (my current ice cream addiction has been challenging). We know that we are going to want to make of our own baby food in the future that it will need to be frozen, so we decided to expand. The best part is that the freezer fits perfectly in our pantry! I plan to make some lasagna this weekend to freeze for later consumption. Exciting, I know.

Along these same lines, my awesome husband gave me an early birthday/Christmas present last Friday. I had asked for a new, slimer tv for the kitchen that could be hung on the wall. He decided to give it to me early because it was more of a suprise - which it definitely was. I was home for about 4 hours (with multiple trips into the kitchen) before I noticed it. I will now have my fancy new tv to watch while I make lasagna!

0 comments:

Post a Comment