Site Meter
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Due Date



Today is the official due date. Unfortunately, there is nothing to report. This little girl is in no hurry to come out. I went to the doctor yesterday. She said that there was really no need to do an internal check as I have not had any contractions - not ANY! She also said that I was actually only measuring at about 38 weeks (as opposed to 40 weeks). I guess that this explains the utter lack of progress. She scheduled an ultrasound for next Tuesday to check the size of the baby and the condition of the placenta. I have a feeling that I will be able to keep this appointment.

Greg has been having conversations with Miss. Siena all day in an attempt to coax her out. I think that the waiting is actually harder on him than myself.

Below is a list of the things that I want to be able to remember about being pregnant:

- Nausea only lasted through the first trimester and was at it's worst in the mornings
- Green foods (especially spinach) were on my bad touch list during the 1st trimester
- There are foods that I could eat during the 1 trimester that I could not eat during the 2nd and 3rd - dried mango, wheat crackers with cheese, ginger ale
- I developed quite the sweet tooth throughout the entire pregnancy - cookies, ice cream, cake, pie, and muffins - it does not matter, I love it all
- I was able to wear my regular jeans (although with a belly band) until 20 weeks
- I was down to only one pair of pants (stretchy ones) that fit at 40 weeks - this includes maternity pants - I'm pretty much limited to skirts and dresses at this point
- I was really tired in the 1st tri, had alot of energy in the 2nd tri, and was back to being tired at around 36-37 weeks.
- I continued to work and go my swim class right up until the due date (maybe even beyond).
- My fingers tend to swell up at night and then the swelling gradually decrease as the day goes by.
- Some foods that I loved before getting pregnant do not taste as good while pregnant (example: the Volcano Roll at Ichiban)
- I have only felt kicks on my right side for the past 4-5 weeks
- I have to get up to pee an average of 4 times during the night (between 10 pm and 6 am).
- I read everything I could about pregnancy for the first 20 weeks, then stopped reading about it entirely (burned out, I guess)
- I have needed to shower twice a day in the 3rd trimester
- My sinuses get very stuffy in the mornings
- Heartburn is no longer felt near my heart when pregnant - it is at the top of my belly
- I got my first stretch mark at 39 weeks (and still only have the one) - I am not sure if this is due to the Palmer's lotion recommended by Greg's boat mechanic or not, but I use the stuff religiously twice a day
- I only feel kicks and bumps if my stomach is covered - if I lift my shirt up, all movement stops
- Siena gets hiccups regularly (at least every other day) and they are spaced very close together. They usually come when I am at my desk after lunch or on the couch after dinner.

I want to say a special thank you to Kathy and my dad for the beautiful flowers that I got at work last week and to my cousin, Susan, for the bouncy seat that we got in the mail yesterday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment