Site Meter
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, June 25, 2009

26 Weeks



I have reached the 6 1/2 month mark. Only 3 1/2 months to go. It is a little scary, but exciting at the same time. I am torn between wanting to have the baby out so I can finally meet her and enjoying the last few months of it just being Greg, Mable, and I. We will soon be a family of 3 (4, really).



I am pretty sure that the baby had hiccups the other day. My belly would shake a little at fairly regular intervals for about 3 or 4 minutes. It felt different than the kicks that I have become used to (and actually love because they are reassuring!). I have not noticed any feet or hands sticking out, but I can tell when my belly changes shape as the baby re-adjusts.

I realize that there are positives and negatives to my long torso and relatively small baby bump.
Positive - nobody and looks at me and says "You are about to pop any day now" - to which I would have to respond "No, I have 3.5 more months."
Negative - I do not look like I am pregnant. Rather, I look like I have a good sized beer belly going.
2nd Positive - I am not huge and uncomfortable.
I am trying to enjoy things as they are.

In other news, Greg and I finished the new artwork for our living room. We got the pictures hung last night and I think that they make such a difference. We no longer have a huge, blank wall on one side of the living room. The wall is so tall that we would have to rent scaffolding to paint it, so we opted for an alternative way to bring color in. Not too bad for two people who have ZERO artistic skill. I love the little sail boat that Greg added!


0 comments:

Post a Comment