I noticed recently that Greg was telling EVERYONE we saw that I am pregnant. This includes total strangers - the guy behind the paint counter a Lowes, everyone sitting at the bar at restaurants, all of our neighbors (even the ones we do not know), clerks at the pool store, etc. I finally asked him why he is doing this, thinking that he might say that he wanted everyone to know why I look so fat or that he is so excited about being a father-to-be. Instead, he smiled and said "I just want everyone to know that my boys can swim." Nice.
Whew! We have gotten quite a bit accomplished in the last 2 days. We picked out paint for the baby's room over the weekend. We have only gotten the light pink color that will go on part of the wall. We still need to pick out a second color.
Yesterday, I set up an appointment to meet with a pediatrician. She comes HIGHLY recommended from a friend. We will go in next Tuesday and hopefully she will be the ONE, so we will not have to meet with anymore. I am not quite sure which questions we will ask yet, much less what answers we expect. I will have to check one (of 10) of my baby books for advice.
I also signed us up for some classes at the hospital. We will go for 5 hours on a Saturday and Sunday in August for a childbirth class (yes, both days). Hopefully we can learn what we need to in 10 hours! We (or I) will also attend classes in breastfeeding and newborn care. All of these classes are inside of a week, so I am hoping that Greg holds up.
Last night, we were able to get a great buy off of Craigslist. We purchased a bedroom set (minus the bed) from a 14 year old girl that was ready for "older" girl furniture. I fell in love as soon as I saw it listed. Despite the heat and just finishing a long day at work, Greg generously agreed to go along with me to look at the set. The family had taken fantastic care of the furniture and even loaded one of the dressers into their own car and brought it over to our house (the parents were both sheriff's deputies, so no worries there). We plan to paint the white parts of the furniture to match the color of the crib. Here are the pictures that were put on craigslist:
After some hassling over the phone with Babies R Us, Greg and I went into the local Toys R Us store and ordered our crib and the bed conversion kit today. Both items have been discontinued, so we had to track down stores that still had them in stock. The crib should arrive in several weeks, with the rails following a little later. We are set, furniture-wise. Now comes the fun part - decorating!!
Next on the list: set up appointments to look at several daycares.

0 comments:
Post a Comment