Greg and I were busy this past week/weekend with various projects. We (Greg) finished up painting the downstairs hallway and bathroom and the Adirondack chairs on the pool deck. Everything turned out great (see picture below)! I will post pictures next week of our current (not completed) project - artwork for living room.
We met with a nurse practitioner today in the pediatrician's practice that we will be using. We were very impressed by their organization and timeliness. She spent about 45 minutes going over their policies and so forth. We were able to meet two of the 5 doctors (all women) in the practice. They have the practice set up so that 2 to 3 doctors are always available for office visits, one doctor is available for hospital visits, and a doctor is on call on nights and weekends to answer any questions. We did not have to ask very many questions because she covered far more than we would ever think to ask.
Funny story - we had to fill out a form when we arrived for our appointment. One of the questions asked for the mother's name. My first thought was "why would they need to know my mother's name?" I am still getting used to all of this.
The nurse did comment on how small my tummy seemed for being 6 months along. I have just assumed that it did not poke out much yet because I am tall with a long torso. I got a little more concerned when I spoke with a guy at work, whose significant other is shaped very similar to myself, and he said that her stomach was a bit larger than mine at this point. I have an appointment with my ob/gyn next week, so I will find out then if there is a problem. She (the baby) is certainly still kicking around in there!
I am packing up the car with my non-alcoholic beer and headed to north Georgia for a girl's weekend on Thursday. Five of us are spending the weekend at my friend Lauren's (parent's) house on Lake Burton. I am planning to skip the water skiing this year, but just floating sounds like my kind of fun. Greg, as usual, is planning to get some fishing in while I am gone.

0 comments:
Post a Comment