I had a wonderful weekend with my friends at Lake Burton in North Georgia. A great big THANK YOU to the Smith's for letting us enjoy their house and all the amenities. The only downside of the weekend was that Lauren had to deal with a myriad of canceled and delayed flights and did not arrive at the lake until Friday night (approximately 15 hours later than planned).
My amazing friends surprised me on Saturday with a baby shower. Brooke, Lauren, Melissa, and Jennifer - you guys rock! I want to especially thank Brooke because she did almost all of the preparations - including the decorations, favors, and food. Everything was so darn cute! and tasty!
I noticed that Brooke was preparing some food that was a bit fancier than what we had purchased at the store, but I assumed she was just making us a nicer lunch. When I came up to the house to use the bathroom (one of many times), everything was decorated in pink! We sat down in our bathing suits to a yummy lunch of crabby toast, shrimp salad on baguettes, asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, veggies and dip, and sausage balls. For dessert, we had our choice of white chocolate and raspberry or strawberry cupcakes (I had a little of each). Brooke made the table decorations by rolling up baby socks and attaching them to pipe cleaners to form flowers. They were adorable.
I received the sweetest gifts from all the girls! I will post a picture of all of them together soon. (Lauren, if you are reading this - your gift was waiting for me when I got back to Gainesville - Thanks!) Here are a few shots of me opening gifts - lots of bathtime accessories!



I have a short video of the decorations and some of the preparations before we sat down to lunch.

1 comments:
Hi Marylea, Congratulations!!! We didn't know you were expecting a GIRL! :) You look really great! Enjoy these weeks, they will be unique and special and, above all, they will go fast.. We are in Staten Island with the little Andrea who is 2 months old now.. do you want to see him? Click here: carolinasbaby.blogspot.com
A big hug to you, Greg and .. the coming BABY,
Carolina, Nicola and Andrea :)
Post a Comment