Site Meter
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, July 10, 2009

28 Weeks

An update is long overdue. My apologies. I have been quite busy at work with actually doing, well, work. It has really been cutting into my blogging time. We were also out of town for the 4th of July weekend (I will save that for another post).



I have reached the 7 month mark. Only 3 more months to go and we have so much to accomplish still. Greg is going to paint the nursery this weekend and I will (hopefully) start sanding some more of the furniture. It is fantasy football draft selection weekend, so that is going to cut into our work time on Saturday. Sunday should be more productive. We have decided not to have the carpet replaced in the nursery and to have it professionally cleaned instead. We took a look at it last night and decided that it is actually in pretty good condition.



I passed the 1 hour glucose test from a few weeks back. Health-wise everything seems to be going nicely. I know that I am continuing to gain weight, but I am making a genuine effort to keep it under control. Hopefully, last month was the worst it will be.

I feel the baby kick and turn frequently. She seems to be the most active at night. Every kick is makes me feel more confidant that she is snug and safe in there. I started taking a "Mothers In Motion" water aerobics class this week. I am surprised that it is actually a pretty good workout (although I do still go and walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes beforehand). I have enjoyed meeting other women that will be having babies around the same time that I will. My favorite part of the class is the end when we lean against the wall for relaxation time. After 1 to 2 minutes, I feel the baby start to move around inside.

My good friend, Robyn, came for a visit several weekends ago. We had fun having girl time. She got a (short) break from her hectic life with 2 kids and I got tons of advice - and hand-me-downs!!! Below is a picture of some of the things that Robyn brought for me - an excersaucer (sp?), an activity mat, a bottle sterilizer, and TONS of little girl clothes. These are just the 0 to 6 month clothes. She is going to pass more along as her daughter outgrows them (Josie is only 10-going on-11 months old now). Not pictured are the breast pump and bottle drying rack that she also brought along. These things are going to help out sooo much - THANKS ROBYN!!



I also received a goody bag of clothes from Greg's mom, Karen. Below is a picture of the clothes she sent along. The stack in the background is all sleepers. My favorite is the tiny little jeans jacket - so cute! THANKS YAYA!



During our 4th of July trip, I was able to visit with both of my grandmothers in Greenville. We had a great time going out to lunch and went on a trip to Goodwill afterward. Each of the grandmothers had a bag of gifts waiting for me. Mimi (my maternal grandmother) gave me a handmade night light for the babies room and a special picture frame that she had been saving for some time. We will find some cute to use in the frame - perhaps a baby picture? Grandma (my paternal grandmother) gave me an afgan that she crocheted and another pink blanket for the baby. Both of the blankets will be wonderful additions to the room.



I also made my first baby clothes purchases during the trip. I think that I have shown a great deal of restraint by holding off until now to buy ANY clothes for the baby. I had a coupon for the Gap Outlet that I used for the blue dress (right). Mimi actually paid for the red outfit, but I picked it out myself during out Goodwill trip.



I will try to do another post sooner rather than later. My next doctor's appointment is not until July 23rd. I am meeting with another doctor in the practice as my doctor will be out due to surgery. This is a good thing because I have doubts that my doctor will actually be the one in the delivery room with us (due to her health problems). This way I get to meet more of the doctors in the practice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment