My weekend in Columbia was alot of fun - and productive! I got in much needed visits with friends and family. There were quite a few comments on my girth, which I take in stride. I was able to get a first hand narrative of all that happened on Katie's field trip this past week. She is becoming quite the older girl - complete with purse and earrings. No more little Katie Cake!! I also got to see David before he headed off for the summer. Other events from the weekend included lunch at Grouchos (with Mom, Bob, and Katie), a long walk around the neighborhood (with Dad, Kathy, and Ginger), a visit with Kathy's friend Lucy that included all things baby, Sam Caskey's BBQ, and the church-Texas Roadhouse combo. There may have also been a trip to Baskin Robbins.
Our trip to Babies R Us was VERY successful. Robyn is a life-saver! I think that I have figured out most of the things that we will ~need~ to have when the baby arrives. It is still hard for me to register for some items knowing that the baby will only use them a few times and that you can find them at a fraction of the cost on Ebay, Craigslist, or at consignment sales.
During our stroll through BRU, I spotted some bedding that looked adorable in a white crib. We then discovered that the bedding was being discontinued (they are no longer even selling it on their website). With some encouragement, I decided to take the plunge and get the bedding (thanks Kathy!!). Here is a photo of the collection of items (Amy Coe Zoo Baby):
She is not too sure about all of this "baby" stuff. Up until now, the only toys in the house were hers.
We had a surprise delivery yesterday from Greg's Mom. A swing!! We were so excited that Greg sat on the floor and immediately put it together. It is really cute and easy to use (so far). Thanks Karen!! Greg has already figured out that he can sit on the couch and use his foot to make it swing.
Mable had to check this out also.
Greg got to see my belly jump for the first time on Sunday night. The baby was doing some kickboxing on my insides. It is amazing to me that we can actually SEE movement and I love the fact that Greg can now share in the experience.

0 comments:
Post a Comment