It's starting to happen....
My normal clothes are really not fitting me anymore. I find myself spending more and more time standing in the closet every morning trying to find something that fits. Alot of the maternity clothes I have are still a little loose and make me look like a whale (but, sadly, some are actually starting to fit me quite well). My normal clothes are too tight and look a bit trashy. My wardrobe has dwindled to only a few items that I re-use every few days.
I went in and pre-registered at the hospital yesterday. They like for you to do this sometime between 20 and 24 weeks. It was quick and easy, but a little surreal. I had to fill out forms as a parent for my child. We will sign up for our parenting classes in June. Much to Greg's delight, we are planning to take 3 classes - childbirth, new infant care, and breastfeeding. The classes are quite long and are either held several nights a week or over a couple of weekends. Hopefully they will be worth it - we need the help!
We are starting to talk more about our plans for the nursery. Hopefully we will begin to get the room ready in June and order the furniture. We are planning to replace the carpet, install a ceiling fan (to prevent SIDS), and paint the walls and trim. We still have plenty of time, so there is no rush - yet! I am leaning towards chocolate brown and green for the colors, but I have not picked out any specific bedding.
I am headed to Columbia today for a visit. I am hijacking my dear friend, Robyn, for a trip to Babies R Us on Saturday. She now has two kids (ages 3 and 8 months) and is my fountain of advice. I am hoping that the store will not seem so overwhelming with her there to help. I don't know what I would do without her.
I am also going to get to see my brother, David, this weekend. He is finishing up his time at Camp Thunderbird on Friday. He will start graduate school for teaching at the University of South Carolina in August - he finally gets to be a true gamecock! In the meantime, he is going to spend this summer working at his home away from home, Camp Greenville. I am very proud of him and I know that he will make a great teacher!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
21 Weeks
Posted by Marylea at 9:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment