I have now reached the 18 week mark. Things still seem to be changing slowly. I am definitely more round than before I became pregnant, but it is happening very gradually. I am still wearing my regular pants - only I have to unbutton them when I am sitting for extended periods. It's a little embracing when I forget to button up when I stand up! I have used the Bella Band twice now and quite like it. It has gotten more difficult to bend over - I can't imagine what it will be like in a few months. I hope someone invents spray-on lotion soon because my legs seem more difficult to reach everyday.
Saturday gave me my fist scare. I woke up having a pulling/twitching sensation in my stomach/abdominal area. I tried not to be too concerned at first, but it continued to happen fairly often all morning. By about 10:00, I was worried. I had a suspicion that it was Braxton Hicks contractions, but I thought 18 weeks was a little early to have these. After some nervous waiting, I was reassured by those with more experience that it was, in fact, Braxton Hicks. My mom said that she started getting them early and often. I feel better now and I have not had any since Saturday.
In other news, little Bilbo is kicking much harder now (soccer player?). I can feel little jabs every now and then when I am sitting. The location seems to change fairly often, so I guess he/she is doing some flips also. Based on my width, I am guessing that the baby is laying sideways. I seem to be growing side to side rather than front to back. Awesome!
The ultrasound is now less than a week away. We are both very excited. They are going to give us a dvd of the whole thing, so be prepared. We will probably make EVERYONE we know watch it! We have ramped up the name discussion a little, but are still no where near a decision. I want to wait and see what the little bugger looks like!3
Saturday gave me my fist scare. I woke up having a pulling/twitching sensation in my stomach/abdominal area. I tried not to be too concerned at first, but it continued to happen fairly often all morning. By about 10:00, I was worried. I had a suspicion that it was Braxton Hicks contractions, but I thought 18 weeks was a little early to have these. After some nervous waiting, I was reassured by those with more experience that it was, in fact, Braxton Hicks. My mom said that she started getting them early and often. I feel better now and I have not had any since Saturday.
In other news, little Bilbo is kicking much harder now (soccer player?). I can feel little jabs every now and then when I am sitting. The location seems to change fairly often, so I guess he/she is doing some flips also. Based on my width, I am guessing that the baby is laying sideways. I seem to be growing side to side rather than front to back. Awesome!
The ultrasound is now less than a week away. We are both very excited. They are going to give us a dvd of the whole thing, so be prepared. We will probably make EVERYONE we know watch it! We have ramped up the name discussion a little, but are still no where near a decision. I want to wait and see what the little bugger looks like!3

0 comments:
Post a Comment