Site Meter
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, April 20, 2009

16 Weeks


I have reached the 4 month mark. Since pregnancy technically lasts around 40 weeks, the whole 9 months thing is a myth (probably conceived by a man). So, after one more month I will reach the halfway point.

I am feeling pretty good these days, other than a stuffy nose/cold thing that will not go away. I am getting bigger every day. At this point, most of my regular clothes are getting too tight to wear without looking a little trashy. Dresses are wonderful!

I went on Friday to get my Quad screening done. It involved a lab tech drawing a vial of blood. I forget everything that it tests for, but I know that downs syndrome is one of them. Most women choose not to get this test done. In fact, I have not talked to a single person who actually had it done. I am not going to go into the pros vs. cons thing here because I know that this can be a touchy subject. I did some research and talked to a few people. In the end, Greg and I decided that we wanted to have it done. We should get the results some time this week.

We received this wonderful Easter package from Kathy this past week:



It included some first aid/baby hygiene products and little toys. So cute! Thanks again, Kathy!!

This is totally not baby-related, but it is beaches and boats-related: I want to brag about my awesome husband. He got an in-shore grand slam this weekend by catching a redfish (he actually caught 3), a snook, and a trout all in one day. We went out of Yankeetown (north of Crystal River) on Saturday and spent the day drifting. Below is a photo of the giant redfish that he caught. It was about 29 inches long and put up a good fight! Unfortunately, it was too big to keep (the limit is 27 inches). I am very proud of him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment