Site Meter
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, July 24, 2009

30 Weeks



I am 3/4 of the way through and still smiling! Although, I have to admit that there are definitely uncomfortable moments every single day. Bending over without a struggle is a thing of the past. Getting out the car takes a little longer than it used to. Those little kicks and jabs that I have loved so much all along are starting to be a bit painful at times (especially when they are to the ribs or bladder). Enough complaining, though! I am healthy, the baby is healthy - so I am VERY happy.

We had a great appointment yesterday with a different doctor in the practice (my doctor is out with surgery, but recovering nicely). Greg and I both really liked the new doctor and may consider switching to her. She was very personable and spent much longer with us than my doctor ever has. Don't get me wrong, my doctor is very competent and has alot of experience, but her bedside manor is a little stiff. We just felt more comfortable with this doctor. I am seeing her again for my next appointment.

Now for the best part - I have to give Greg total credit for this one - When the doctor asked if we had any more concerns (because I had already gone over several), Greg told her that I have been worried that my stomach is not getting large enough. At first I was embarrassed, but the end result was worth it. She said that I measured right at 29 to 30 weeks, but that she could put 29 on the chart and order another ultrasound at our next appointment in 2 weeks (wink, wink) if I am concerned about the baby's size. You see, my insurance technically only covered the one ultrasound that I had at around 20 weeks. But, if there is a medical concern, the doctor can order additional ones that will also be covered. SCORE! My doctor would NEVER have done this. Do you see why I REALLY like this new doctor?

In other news, Greg has finished painting all but one piece of furniture for the baby's room (the hutch over the desk). My mom, grandmother (Mimi), and sister are coming to visit this weekend and I plan to put them to work. Katie can help Greg move furniture around the room to find the best place for it and help me put the crib together. Mimi can help fold laundry after I wash the mountain of clothes that Robyn gave me. My mom can help give decorating advice. It will be nice to have the help. We are all headed to the beach next week for a little vacation - the last one before you-know-what.

0 comments:

Post a Comment