I am now one week past the due date without any indication that things are progressing.
I went to the doctor yesterday and had an ultrasound to assess how things are going. The baby is currently measuring at 7Ib12oz. This is a bit larger than I was anticipating. If I delivered her today, great! But, the longer it goes, the bigger she gets. Yikes!
The placenta was placed perfectly and all of her lung and heart functions looked great. The ultrasound tech pointed out (several times) that she has a ton of hair. She even printed out a picture of the hair for us. Greg asked for a third confirmation that they check to make sure that the room can stay pink. She is still a she.
We met with the doctor after the ultrasound. She said that everything is looking great (other than the whole no baby thing). I was not dilated, but she said that I may be about 20% effaced. So, little progress there. She offered to induce me on Friday if I am seriously uncomfortable, but said that she would let me go to next Thursday on my own. I opted to wait it out. Hopefully, things will get moving on their own.
My bosses requested that I stop coming to work as of Monday. I thought that I would be bored out of my mind. However, since I don't sleep well at night, I am enjoying the option of sleeping in every morning. I have less and less energy every day. I have to admit that I would be miserable if I were trying to go in to work at this point. I have big plans of going to the library and the fabric store over the next day or so. We will see if I actually make it there.
The end is in sight!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
One Week Over
Posted by Marylea at 11:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Can't wait to see the pictures
Post a Comment